Our Senior Youth (grades 8-12) meet regularily on Wednesdays from 7-8:30 pm at the church (school term time). Due to COVID-19 limit on groups up to 50, we are dividing the group into two grade groups (gr. 8-10; 11-12).
Our Junior Youth (grades 5-7) meet regularly on Tuesdays from 6:30 pm until 8 pm (school term time). Due to COVID-19 limit on groups up to 50, we are dividing the group into boys and girls.
To sign up for a the next youth night/event, please see the sign-up options below*.
*(You may need to scroll down the page a little before you see the Youth sign-up options)
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN (Up-dated, January 15, 2021)
This plan is for in-person youth & children’s programs held at the church building, 3412 15 Avenue, Vernon, BC, V1T 6N9.
1. Each program will have it’s own designated sign-up form to ensure that: a. The limit for each program does not exceed 50 patrons. We are able to run up to 2 programs at the same time in the building, not exceeding 50 patrons per program. We have enough space to do this well within the guidelines; separate entrances, exits, washrooms, distancing, no cross traffic, etc. b. Contact information is kept for 30 days for contact tracing purposes, after which time the information will be deleted/destroyed. c. On the sign-up form online (emmanuelvernon.ca), there will be a mandatory COVID-19 symptom and travel check box, which must be checked before registration can be completed.
2. Drop-off and pick-up will be at designated areas that are clearly marked to ensure appropriate physical distancing can be maintained. As much as possible, parents/caregivers will be encouraged to remain outside during the drop-off & pick-up times.
3. In all communication with parents/caregivers, they will be reminded that drop-off and pick- up must be completed quickly and congregation of patrons outside will be discouraged.
4. Each program will have a designated entrance and exit.
5. Masks are mandatory at all times indoors for all children aged 12 and older as per the PHO guidelines.
6. All high-touch areas will be sanitized before and after each event/program.
7. In all communication with parents/caregivers, they will be reminded to keep their child at home if they are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19.
8. Hand sanitation supplies will be readily available to patrons.
9. There will be signs clearly visible directing patrons to washrooms and hand-sanitizing stations. As well, markers indicating distancing while waiting for a washroom
10. There will be designated washrooms for each program. All washrooms have been converted to single use washrooms to ensure social distancing. Each washroom has a lock indicating “in use or vacant”
11. In all other matters we will follow the PHO order.
SIGN UP -When signing up, please make sure to each child's name separately
-if you have kids in multiple areas, and use the same info to sign up in both gym and
sanctuary, one will cancel the other out.
(you can use the same e-mail address to sign up multiple kids, but please be sure to put your child's actual name in, and not the parent)
-if you have kids in multiple ages or group splits they must be signed in separately