Emmanuel is looking to fill one full-time equivalent staff position with someone gifted in the following areas:
Associate Pastor of Children and Family Ministries
Emmanuel Baptist Church
3412 15 Ave.
The associate pastor will serve in a team ministry with the lead pastor, church staff and other
ministry leaders in the overall leadership of EBC. While there are key areas of responsibility as
outlined below, a broad engagement with the overall mission and vision of the church needs to be
• Personal Growth
As a church we are committed to helping every Christian follow Jesus and share His love.
Therefore, the Associate Pastor needs to be demonstrating an authentic Christian lifestyle
that exhibits a growing relationship with Christ. They must desire to bear the fruit of the
Spirit in their ministry and personal life.
• Marital Status
If married, his wife must be supportive of the ministry and of the Church. While we do
not expect to have the wives of our pastors involved beyond the role of a normal member
of Emmanuel, we do expect them to be a participating member of the church family
serving in their area of gifting and passion.
The Associate Pastor is accountable to the Lead Pastor on a day to day basis. Weekly staff
meetings are a requirement. Staff will pray together, plan together, and grow together
during these meetings. It is the hope of the Lead Pastor that a close spiritual and ministry
bond will be developed and continually fostered among all staff members. There will be
an annual review by the personnel committee on behalf of and reporting to the elders
• Competency/skill set priorities:
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• A relational leader who believes strongly in the value of team. A leader who is
teachable and who can enable others to become an effective team through the use of
their gifts and abilities.
• A passion to see others develop in their leadership abilities and gifts. This will require
articulating vision to motivate others to participate, equipping, training and
• An ability to relate authentically with seekers and the unchurched.
• An ability to envision, develop, implement and evaluate plans, structures and
• An ability to mentor people in spiritual formation and personal maturity as well as
facilitating mentoring relationships within the church community.
• A self starter who will be able to work in an interdependent team environment
• An ability to evaluate personal and ministry life
• A willingness to adhere to the church’s Constitution, Values, and statement of faith
• A growing devoted life of prayer and time in the Word
• A servant’s heart with a willingness to treat people and issues in such a way that
problems are solved rather than enlarged
• A man of God who meets the requirements of a pastor/elder/overseer listed in I
Timothy 3:1-7, Acts 6:4 and Titus 1:5-9.
• One who is able to preach the word as well as possessing excellent people skills.
POSITION – WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• He shall serve as a non-voting member of our church elder’s board.
• All pastoral staff are ultimately accountable to the elder’s board. Should there be
a conflict within the staff, the Board will be the final authority.
• He shall develop a ministry team with whom he would share goals, and would
lead in the church vision with them to plan and execute ministry for his specific
areas of oversight.
Salary, benefits, and vacation time included. TBD.
(the percentages and hours are a rough guide which further define the ministry focus of this
a) Children's Ministry 45% (22.5 hours/week)
• Oversee Sunday morning children's ministry
• Work with and oversee the director of Sunday School ministries
• Develop and oversee a budget for this ministry
• Recruit, train, and motivate the adult and teen leaders for our children's ministries
• Oversee midweek kids club and special events such as summer day camp.
• Evaluate and implement appropriate curriculum for children's ministry
• Continue to develop the excellence of our children's ministries and look for ways to
develop our children's ministry further (such as: live worship band on Sunday morning,
helping our church make contact with local schools, activities for children on pro-d days
and spring break, providing parenting resources, developing sports and VBS camps, and
explore other opportunities to make full use of our children's facilities...possible
preschool program? Kids music and drama ministry?)
• Provide oversight to seasonal kids programs (Christmas, Easter, summer) as needed
• Build relationships with, and providing support for the families of children connected to
• Help create environments that will engage and excite children in order to draw them to
the programs which will allow them to be taught the truth of God's Word
• Oversee the execution of our child protection policy
b) Family Ministries 15% (7.5 hours/week)
• Developing and overseeing discipleship and outreach ministries that are designed to
minister to families at Emmanuel and in our larger community.
b) Junior Youth 35% (17.5 hours/week)
• Developing and overseeing junior youth program
• Develop and run LIT program
• Recruit, train, lead volunteer leaders
• Plan program for Jr High ministry (Program to include: outreach component,
discipleship/growth component, ministry core/leadership development component)
• Prepare and deliver Biblical, age appropriate messages to the youth
• Propose and manage budget
• Ensure clear communication with church office and staff, youth, parents, and overall
• Plan and lead special events (including offsite events, trips)
• Work with interns as part of training (unofficial mentor) team
• Oversee and ensure maintenance of youth equipment
• Oversee the safeguarding policy as it relates to all youth ministry activity and personnel
• Oversee Sunday morning programming relating to junior age students
c) Other Pastoral Ministry 5% (2.5 hours/week)
• Pastoral care
• Preaching on occasion
• Other church wide ministry (eg. Bethlehem Star, Church in the Park, 5 for faith, Etc)
d) General Responsibilities
• Whenever possible, attend and/or participate in “Emmanuel Events,” particularly those
that would be important to children and families
• Provide input into facility, and facility usage
• Assist in assimilating those who are new to the church who are within the 'target;
ministries that you oversee
• Attend and participate in regular staff meeting
• Responsibilities may be added / adjusted at the discretion of the lead pastor and board
If this is you, please fill out the following forms:
Pastoral Profile (to fill out the pastoral profile form, please download the fillable PDF at the bottom of this page*). Note: You will need to complete the form using Adobe Reader and then save it to your computer hard drive. Please ignore the e-mail address at the top of the form and the button on page 10 that says 'submit by e-mail' and simply attach the completed form to an e-mail and send to us at: [email protected]. Thanks.
To help you get to know us a little better, please also download the church profile PDF at the bottom of this page.* (*We are working to get this up-dated ASAP. In the meantime, the PDF we have here will at least give you a broad idea of what ministry looks like at Emmanuel)
If you would like to recommend someone, please fill out the following form: